last year, exactly a year to the day, i woke up out of my december-gluten-haze. (if you recall, i really hit gluten-free, corn-free, soy-free, everything-i'm-not-supposed-to-eat-free very hard and finally got into my stride with it. then december came and i decided to be kind to myself instead of feeling guilt ridden for the month - and just gave myself a bye to eat anything-anything-everything for the entire month. i didn't make it the entire month because i had retained so much water and was miserable.) well, i'm back on that day a year later, having survived the holiday crush much better than last year. i only retained 6 pounds of water this december and am still 25 pounds lighter than last year. i'm calling that a win.
as i run in the wintry outdoors, i thought i might like to look back at my running information in my own space in coordination with the run-double that i use. partly, because days like today when i let my phone go dead and forgot to put it on the charger, i can't use run-double... and because there is so much more to this gig than the stats on my phone.
feeling: great. a little scared that i signed up for a 10K and forgot about it. whoa. feeling a little scared that i might not be able to finish, even though i know my slow days never go over 1.5 hours. gah, that's so slow...what if. what if. get over it. running it today so i don't talk myself out of going.
time: noon - or it will be by the time i get ready
temp: 14 degrees F
goal: 6 miles - running 3 walking .4 running 3
wearing: 'cause, girl, that's half the fun
- thick performance socks (i have multiple blisters and am wearing my roomier shoes today so no fun light weight running socks)
- CRx sports bra
- camo champion like-under-armor leggings
- chartreuse champion like-under-armor shirt (reg length sleeves)
- gray speckled champion light middle layer ploy-nylon-spandex long sleeves with thumb holes
- galaxy athletic pants 100% poly (cheap from shopko sale) but they are soft and have a very thin fuzzy inside
- columbia outer layer poly-nylon hooded jacket with mesh liner. this baby blocks the wind, is light, has neat pockets, has a weather-strip like zipper seal. this completely keeps my body heat inside the jacket with me. i don't think i would even need the middle layer, but i'm not that brave yet, and the middle does provide some wicking factor that is useful.
- reebok trainers